- Supervise market and sector research and analysis in order to assist the traders in minimizing trading risk and outperforming benchmark performance.
- Gather information on potential trading strategies as well as contribute in the design of new products for client’s presentations in order to maximize return.
- Supervise provision of sector views to portfolio managers and traders.
- Supervise provision of stock picking and sector picking ideas in order to assist the traders in their investment decisions.
- Work on investment strategy and update it on a timely basis (on a half-yearly basis) in order to ensure that the MENA equities traders and portfolio managers are kept abreast of latest market trends.
- Compile and constantly update the companies outlooks and profiles database in order to ensure that the firm trading team have access to latest information that can assist them in their investment decisions.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes, reports and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement
- Comprehend and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Ensure continuous efforts are exerted to contribute to the social environment.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Bachelor degree in finance, macro economics or equivalent with a CFA certificate.
- MBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years experience in research preferably within the MENA region.
- Fundamental and technical analysis
- Knowledge in stock picking and information providers tools such as Reuters
- Market awareness
- Analytical thinking